Missing (not working) functionalities in Stream Dock

[复制链接]

主题

回帖

积分

注册会员

积分
发表于 2024-8-14 15:40:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

In Mirabox Stream Dock some functionalities that work in Elgato Stream Deck simply do not work, others could be implemented in a fairly simple way, significantly expanding the capabilities of the device:

1. KEY_UPis not supported (does not work - at least in MiraBox N3) (everything worksonly as KEY_DOWN).
2. in the"Action flow" composite action component you can perform severalactions... but these actions do not change the icon on the device key when theyare run one after another (e.g. key down macro). It would be good if they couldchange icons (it is known, for example, when to stop the action - for example,when scrolling through the attached list of plugins - one press starts theselection from the list, the second stops and it is known at what point (e.g.on which tool, brush... attached to this action) because the icon is displayedon the key.
2. Whenchanging Scenes, it would also be good to have the possibility of attachingplugins (this would allow, for example, displaying the appropriate applicationwindow on the monitor screen, switching to another application - performing,for example, a key macro or other action - when changing Scenes)
3. Whenchanging pages, it would also be good to have the possibility of attachingplugins (this would allow, for example, displaying the appropriate window of aspecific application on the monitor screen, switching or starting anotherprogram, process... when changing the page)
4. The knobwith the page scrolling plugin "change page" could have thepossibility of defining what happens after pressing the knob instead of alwaysonly going to the next Scene (you could, for example, define a transition to aspecific Scene or a specific page)
5. InMirabox N3 Scene scrolling keys could alternately scroll pages (configurable,switchable in the Stream Dock application)
6. InMirabox N3, the middle keys (for selecting Home Scene) could go to theappropriate page (default for a specific Scene), there could also be a defaultScene for the active program and not just for the entire system.

Theserelatively easy-to-solve problems in the Mirabox Stream Dock software couldsignificantly improve the usability of the device and make it more competitive(better) in relation to Elgato Stream Deck. Unfortunately, these changes cannotbe implemented by creating standalone plugins - this must be handled in theStream Dock application itself.

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-8-15 15:02:54 | 显示全部楼层
Very good suggestion, it has been recorded. We are already developing 5 and 6

主题

回帖

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2024-8-21 01:59:30 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Ryszard 于 2024-8-21 02:01 编辑

It would also be nice if the Stream Dock window could be reduced to a tiny Toolbox that could be displayed somewhere on top of the screen (it could be moved and placed, for example, in a corner on the monitor screen - if someone has a large monitor, there would be room for tiny window - even without frames).
It's something in the form of a tiny hint on the screen - only icons and descriptions (without other data used to configure the action).
While icons are displayed on the buttons on the device (and this can be seen on the device), unfortunately the knobs are not. If you define a lot of different actions that are used less often on the knobs, you may later forget what is assigned to them. Alternatively, the title could be displayed in the form of a hint - when you hover the mouse cursor over a key or knob.
And if such a window could be displayed in a slightly smaller version... or even just in a super mini version, somewhere in the corner of the screen, which would always be on top and serve as key/action help, it would also be very functional. Of course, if someone didn't want it, they could turn it off completely and if they wanted, they could display it on the screen.
Podpowiedz.jpg
Podpowiedz1.jpg

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-8-21 09:36:13 | 显示全部楼层
Ryszard 发表于 2024-8-21 01:59
It would also be nice if the Stream Dock window could be reduced to a tiny Toolbox that could be dis ...

This suggestion is very good, you will provide feedback to the engineer

主题

回帖

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2024-8-22 01:07:21 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Ryszard 于 2024-8-22 01:32 编辑

Regarding the knobs - they could work in two ways - just like in some receivers.
When you turn the knob slowly, receivers slowly increase the volume, and when you turn them quickly, they trigger a different action and increase it much faster.
Similarly, Stream Dock could trigger one action when the knob is turned slowly (e.g. one hot key) and another action when turned quickly (e.g. another hot key if one was defined).
Technically speaking, it is enough to implement a timer and check the time intervals between pulses - for slow ones (large intervals between pulses) - call the configuration for one plug-in, and for short intervals and many pulses in a short time (fast turning of the knob) call another plug-in.
It is similar with short and long key presses - but since KEY_UP is not supported (only KEY_DOWN is supported), it is impossible to determine how long a key press lasted (you cannot write a plugin to handle it yourself - it will check whether it is a short or long press and trigger the appropriate action). You can also write a plugin that starts an action and performs it as long as the key is pressed (e.g. calling HOT_KEY in a loop) and stops calling when the key is released.

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-8-22 09:30:01 | 显示全部楼层
Ryszard 发表于 2024-8-22 01:07
Regarding the knobs - they could work in two ways - just like in some receivers.
When you turn the k ...

Very professional advice, you must be a related development engineer, so professional

主题

回帖

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2024-8-22 17:03:36 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Ryszard 于 2024-8-22 17:15 编辑

Yes, I am a professional programmer.
And I even programmed it myself in my own controller for the Arturia BeatStep console - it had more possibilities (more knobs, buttons, consoles) than StreamDock... Arturia works better than Stream Dock - it has better knobs, the keys send codes both for KEY_DOWN and KEY_UP - you can handle long presses, start and stop the action by pressing and releasing the key... and whatever else you want to think of (it works like a normal keyboard computer only that it sends different Midi codes on a specific port that need to be intercepted and interpreted)...   but it had the drawback that the pictures on the keys did not display - you had to display a window with suggestions on the screen . And it was bigger - it took up more space on the desk.

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-8-22 17:15:03 | 显示全部楼层
Ryszard 发表于 2024-8-22 17:03
Yes, I am a professional programmer.
And I even programmed it myself in my own controller for the Ar ...

We have SDK developers. You can take a look :SDK.key123.vip

主题

回帖

积分

注册会员

积分
 楼主| 发表于 2024-8-22 18:48:41 | 显示全部楼层
Thank you very much... I'm just trying to create my own plugins. I will probably do it in Lazarus (Delphi) - because it is faster and more convenient to write there than in C or Java (and I need tools that will make good use of the operating system).

主题

回帖

积分

版主

积分
发表于 2024-8-24 15:56:35 | 显示全部楼层
Ryszard 发表于 2024-8-22 18:48
Thank you very much... I'm just trying to create my own plugins. I will probably do it in Lazarus (D ...

Okay, if it's developed later and you're willing to share it, you can send it to us and we'll put it in the store
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Stream Dock 论坛 ( 粤ICP备16086630号 )

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 14:31 , Processed in 0.067104 second(s), 26 queries .